As the aging population grows, more and more adult children are taking care of senior parents or other elderly relatives.
One of the most common concerns of family Caregivers in Pennsylvania is how to make their senior loved ones feel happy.
We at Gentle Care Nursing Service, Inc. Home Health Care Agency have been serving elderly patients for many years now, therefore, we know a little something when it comes to making them happy.
Here are a few tips you can try out:
- Take them to see old friends and relatives in their hometown. If you can’t, organize transportation services to assist your loved one on their journey.
- Visit them often and let them talk to you about “the good old days,” even if it gets repetitive.
- Play a board game or read a book together.
- Look at old photos and albums with them and ask them about the story behind each one.
- Cook and bake with them.
- Start a garden with them in their backyard.
- Go for a short walk in the park or around their neighborhood.
- Make them feel like you need them.
It’s a blessing to be able to care and live with our elderly loved ones for a longer time.
If you ever need help with providing medical assistance for your senior, we provide professional Nursing Services in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.